2015 will mark the centenary of the Bolton School Foundation. In 1915, Lord Leverhulme brought together Bolton Grammar School for Boys and Bolton High School for Girls under one foundation sited on Chorley New Road, split into the Boys’ and Girls’ Divisions that we know today.
In 1516, Bolton Grammar School for Boys was recorded as “a going concern”. This is the earliest known reference to the school which would ultimately form Bolton School Boys’ Division. It is also the first record of a school in Bolton, and one of the earliest in Lancashire. Consequently 2016 is the 500th anniversary of education in Bolton.
A number of events and activities have been held throughout the centenary year to mark these auspicious dates, and a Celebration Ball, to which all members of the School community are warmly invited, will be held in June 2016 to close the celebrations.